Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spilling the beans.

We waited until I was in the second trimester to let all of our friends know about this pregnancy and post it on facebook.
I've never been a fan of posting a thing such as this on facebook, but considering I'm 3,000 miles away from my closest friends, it was a necessity.
Most of the people I know would never ever think that I would have another child. I'm just not that kind of woman. I've never had that "glow" and I really don't like children....except my own. My worst day would be having to attend a 5 year old's birthday party. So I tried to think of clever ways to spill the beans. Something that would keep my integrity (whatever is left of it) and soften the blow to all of the unsuspecting friends back home.
I thought as status updates
1. My uterus has decided that it was time to dust off the cobwebs and incubate a fetus for the next nine months.
or since I"m all over celebrity news...
2. Watch out Jesse James and Kat Von D, there's another Jew on the way!

Those were both turned down by my husband and friend Jennifer. I"m not one to put a big freaking stork in my front yard and yell at the rooftops "we're having a baby!" or "we are so pleased to announce...". It's just not my bag. So I ended up with "Devin Rubinstein is trying to think of a clever way to tell you she's pregnant".
I liked welcoming a new jew better.

No comments:

Post a Comment